Virtual Meeting FAQ
Please see below the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the ESPID Virtual Meeting.
No. The ESPID Board has decided to transform the 38th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases in Rotterdam into a fully virtual meeting.
Yes, the platform will first be available between 26-29 October 2020, with some sessions live-streamed according to the programme schedule. In addition, the platform and all sessions will be available on-demand for 3 months following the meeting.
The ESPID 2020 virtual meeting will offer you a full virtual experience and the opportunity to take part in every aspect of the programme including:
- Open access to all presentations and session recordings. Create your own schedule, attend all the sessions whenever and wherever.
- Network with your colleagues. Browse the list of participants and click on their name to contact them.
- Earn CME credits. Participate in the scientific programme and be eligible to receive the number of CME credits attributed to the virtual meeting.
- Access all the e-posters. Connect with the abstract authors and other colleagues from around the world through the e-poster virtual consultations.
- Join the debate. Attend recorded and live-streamed sessions and participate in live conversations from all over the world.
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall. Journey through the exhibition booths, explore the displayed materials, contact exhibitors directly, and chat with other visitors.
All sessions will be available on demands for up to 3 months after the virtual meeting.
ESPID and the Meeting organisers are doing their best to ensure that the virtual meeting will incorporate as much of the meeting experience and activities as possible. All individuals involved will be contacted and ongoing updates on programme scheduling will be announced in due course.
To attend the virtual meeting, you need a good internet connection, your device or computer, and a valid registration. You will receive login details a few days prior to the meeting.
REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Yes, you are automatically registered for the virtual meeting. Further details and guidance on how to navigate the meeting platform will be announced in due course.
Yes, accepted abstract are still valid for the virtual meeting and will be included in the online platform. Details on the format will follow soon.
Yes, your abstract submission is still valid, and you will be contacted in the next weeks with more information about it.
The content will be available on-demand for 3 months following the meeting dates, for all registered participants.
If you would like to cancel your registration to the virtual meeting, you are able to receive a 100% refund on registration until September 2, 2020. Please consult the cancellation policy outlined on the registration page for the most up to date information.
PROGRAMME AND SPEAKERS
ESPID and the meeting organisers are doing their best to ensure that the virtual meeting will incorporate as much of the meeting experience and activities as possible. All individuals involved will be contacted and ongoing updates on programme scheduling will be announced in due course.
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. You will receive a link in an email at the end of the meeting. More information will be published here.
We will contact you directly regarding your participation in the programme.
Yes, there will be a virtual exhibition area.
If you have any other questions, please use the contact form here.
Please select the most relevant subject for your query and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.