GUIDELINES FOR SESSION CHAIRPERSONS
Please read the below points to help you plan the session you are moderating at the ESPID 2020 Virtual Meeting.
The format of the session you are moderating may be seen here or in the Invitation letter sent to you.
- Chairpersons – You are strongly encouraged to organise an informal coordinating meeting/ discussion among the speakers of your symposium prior to the Meeting. This will significantly help to facilitate the intended flow of the session and avoid overlap.
- You will receive the link to enter the session from the ESPID Meeting Organiser a few days before it. In case you do not receive this please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please be ready to enter the session approximately 30 minutes earlier, to doublecheck with our technicians your internet connection and to make sure that there are no technical issues that can appear during the session.
- You may check your internet speed by performing an Internet speed test online: https://www.speedtest.net/. Your upload speed should ideally be above 8Mbps in order to avoid slow-speed issues.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room with you to assist you and to guide you if you have any queries.
- Participants will be able to bring their questions to the presenters via the chat messages, no audio. As a chairperson, you are requested to read the questions and to decide which questions must be public.
- All sessions need to end on time as other sessions begin right after. If the session runs overtime, we will need to stop the session.
- If there are not many questions waiting or the questions are of less importance/interest, the chairperson should take the lead in order to facilitate a lively discussion amongst the faculty.
Wishing you a highly interactive and productive session!