ABSTRACT SUBMISSION & GUIDELINES
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN (PC: indicate current status)
Abstract Submission Deadline: Day of the week, Date, Year (time zone)
Deadline time per region for reference. Do not include the chart
|Region||Local time||Time in Israel– when will actually closed|
|America (West Coast)||Midnight PST||10 am – will close in morning in Israel ~ noon.|
|America (East Coast)||Midnight EST||7 am – will close in morning in Israel|
|UK||Midnight GMT||2 am – will close in morning in Israel|
|Asia/Australia||Midnight GMT / (xx:xx local time)||2 am – will close in morning in Israel|
|Europe/Africa||Midnight CET||1 am – will close in morning in Israel|
<link button to abstract submission system>
View the Abstract Topics <link to abstract topics page – open in new page>
|Abstract Submission Opens||<insert date or month, year>|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||<insert date> Midnight CET/GMT/other|
|Abstract submission Extended Deadline||<insert date > Midnight CET/GMT/other
(PC: to add this when extension announced – ie 1 day +/- of regular submission deadline)
|Abstract Notification*||<insert date>
(PC: if date not available or tbd, then can put early month, mid-month, end of month, by xx date)
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Opens||<insert date > (PC: to post LB deadlines only AFTER abstract submission closes)|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline||<insert date > Midnight CET/GMT/other|
|Late Breaking Abstract Submission Notification*||<insert date >|
*Note all efforts are made to send notification by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, revised date will be posted here
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster/e-poster presentation.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit up to [1-5] abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to [1-5] abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline <insert date> will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official congress publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the peer-reviewed journal <insert journal info>
- Previously Presented/Published Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented at another meeting may/may not be submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for preparation of presentations will be made available on the congress website.
- Publication Embargo: <Congress name> has an embargo policy on all abstracts submitted to the congress. The embargo will be lifted on <insert day, date, time, time zone).
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
–Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Preferred Presentation type: Oral or Poster / E-Poster
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text - limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. Please note: word count is affected when tables are included.
- Abstract topic – select the abstract topic per the list of topics. <hyperlink to topics page – open in separate page>.
- Images – The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us (PC: link contact us page on website – make sure contact us form has the abstract contact updated as separate e-mail) if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to (PC to add Conference name and number) and Kenes International (Hereafter: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
*Be sure to scroll to the top of the page when navigating pages